A jewel nestled in the lobby of the Four Diamond Hilton Aventura Miami, is the signature restaurant Gala & Muse Bar (www.galaandmusebar.com) which are adjacent to the pool deck overlooking the downtown Aventura skyline. Gala, named after Gala Diakonova, a great surrealist of the 20th century whose beauty inspired countless works by Salvador Dali, features a polished design appointed with art displays by local artists, is run by Chef Marcos Flores, Executive Chef, who has been at the helm since the hotel opened in March 2021. Motivated by customer feedback and his own palate (Chef Marcos is from Caracas, Venezuela and has cooked around the world), the new dishes are packed with the fresh flavor combinations found in South America and Latin Fusion cuisine and reflect Miami’s love of seafood, tapas, and globally inspired cuisine. The new dishes include:
- Crispy Skin Red Snapper with quinoa, smoked garden vegetables, lemon sauce, crispy fennel
- Beef Barbacoa Short Ribs with creamy polenta, roasted root vegetables, crispy leeks
- Spanish Octopus with aji panca adobo, charred corn salad, crispy fingerling potatoes, saffron aioli
- Crabcakes with mango salsa, banana bread, rum butter sauce, micro cilantro
- Cerviche Mixto with red snappers, Florida shrimp, tomato-habanero broth, avocado, Florida citrus, tomatoes, chile dust, crispy sweet potato
- Woodland Mushroom Flatbreads with roasted mushrooms, goat cheese, caramelized onions, fig balsamic reduction, micro cilantro
- Filet Mignon, Prime Skirt Steak, Dry Aged Ribeye from the Grill
- In-house created desserts – including Passion Fruit Gelato and Warm Venezuelan Chocolate Cake
Muse Bar, the main focal point in the lobby, features a sleek bar with floor to ceiling views of Aventura, specialty cocktails and light bites in a refine yet spirited setting highlighted by a centerpiece of silver sculptures suspended high above the bar. Mixologists create signature cocktails that include the bubbly Effervescence, Chocolate Coconut Old Fashioned, Chile-Rita, Spiked Kombucha, Aperol Sour and more.
About Chef Marcos Flores
Executive Chef Marcos Flores is originally from Caracas, Venezuela. He moved to Miami in 1999 and for the past 24 years has worked in restaurants from Miami and Chicago to Austin to Dubai. For 11 years, Chef Marcos was at The Diplomat in Hollywood where he worked form line cook to Banquet Chef for four restaurants in the hotel. Throughout his career, Marcos has worked with culinary luminaries including Top Chef Master Richard Sandoval, owner, and operator of 50+ global restaurants, celebrity chefs Jose Garces, Rick Bayless, Carlos Gaitan, and others. His inspiration is his 9-year-old son, Xander. He says, “Xander is my motivation to push everyday no matter what. He is the reason I do my best.” He draws inspiration from the cuisine of Italy and Mexico who have so much to offer when it comes to food, culture, flavor, and ingredients, which is reflected in Gala & Muse Bar menus. When he is not working, Chef Marcos enjoys when his wife or mother cook at home, so he has time to relax with his family.
Here is a video by Tony Dar about the experience: