Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s is proud to invite families to the beloved tradition of visiting Santa Claus in person this holiday season, with a reimagined free Santa’s Wonderland experience inside all its destination retail stores back by popular demand. Through an innovative contactless visit with Santa and a variety of health measures, Santa’s Wonderland will prioritize everyone’s safety while allowing kids and families to share their Christmas wishes directly with Santa Claus.
“This year has been incredibly difficult for so many kids and families,” said noted conservationist and Bass Pro Shops founder Johnny Morris. “With countless activities cancelled and many families dealing with added stress, we feel it’s more important than ever to provide some free Christmas magic and help safely create cherished holiday memories.”
Despite a trying year, American families remain strongly committed to maintaining the warmth and joy of Christmas this holiday season. A recent national survey found that 92 percent of American parents with children under 10 years-old want to hold on to holiday traditions as much as possible this year, with three in five parents comfortable taking their kids to see Santa with safety protocols in place.
Safely Sharing the Wonder of Christmas
Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s is applying a comprehensive approach to help ensure everyone’s safety throughout the event. The company’s COVID procedures have been recognized and applauded by governors and health departments alike as a best practice for other retailers and public facilities. The enormous destination stores – home to massive aquariums and giant wildlife displays – offer plenty of space for immersive family fun, with safety precautions designed to be easy and fun for all ages. Key elements include:
- Free Digital Reservations: Advance digital reservations are required for all guests and can be made online. Spots are limited to allow appropriate physical distancing and additional cleaning.
- Temperature Screening: All families and team members will complete temperature screening with a non-contact thermometer prior to entering Santa’s Wonderland.
- Magic Santa Shield: An innovative, glare-free clear protective barrier will be in place between Santa and families at all times to allow for a contactless experience. The shield is cleaned and sanitized between each visit.
- Physical Distancing: Families will standby in a designated area away from other shoppers with fun winter wonderland-themed floor decals and signage to ensure a safe distance.
- Santa’s Sanitation Squad: Santa’s team of elves will clean all surfaces between each visit and frequently ensure all safety measures are being implemented correctly.
- Face coverings: All team members throughout the store are required to wear face coverings. Customer requirements vary by location based on local public health guidelines.
Timeless Holiday Memories
The magic begins with Santa’s arrival on November 7. Families are invited to a socially distanced tailgate event in designated parking spots with a free outdoor parade featuring giveaways, Christmas carols, hot cocoa and magical fun building up to the arrival of the big guy himself.