(Live a comment below and enter to win L’Oréal Paris products) L’Oréal Paris brand ambassadors and celebrity experts Marcos Carrasquillo and Claudia Betancur share their red carpet trends for Premios Juventud.
What hair trends do you see walking the red carpet?
Marcos Carrasquillo: “This red carpet is going to be focused on beachy, curly hair. Not your typical award show hair-dos as this is a young award show and the celebrities walking the red carpet to keep it young-looking ad fresh.”
What hair styles dominate the red carpet?
Marcos Carrasquillo: “The top hairdos that will dominate Thursday’s red carpet are messy updos, high ponytails, fish braids and of course the popular beach curls.”
We were so excited to hear that Jennifer Lopez will be attending the award show on Thursday. She’s also receiving an award! What hair look do we expect to see from her?
Marcos Carrasquillo: “Jennifer Lopez is always sporting her big hair. I predict we will definitely see her on Thursday with her sexy, voluminous “beach curls” hairdo. This look is a go-to for her and she rocks it so well. It’s so easy to achieve and makes her look young and vibrant. Perfect for Premios Juventud”
“Get the look” Recommendations
* Begin by washing your hair with L’Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare Smooth Intense Shampoo and Conditioner. This magic duo helps with taming frizz and fights back the humidity in powerful summer climates, such as Miami.
* Apply a quarter-sized amount of L’Oréal Paris EverCurl Sculpt & Hold Cream-Gel throughout your damp hair evenly. Work through with your fingers by twisting and scrunching individual pieces. I use this hair crème a lot with my clients as it helps the look last all day.
* Next, spritz a little bit of the L’Oreal Paris EverStyle Beach Spray and blow-dry with a hair diffuser to help with volume.
* Finish off with L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray to add shine and long-lasting results.
“Get the look” Recommendations by Claudia Betancur, L’Oréal Paris brand ambassador
Claudia, what makeup look do we see at Premios Juventud?
Claudia Betancur: “I expect to see many modern, young looks on the red carpet this Thursday. Fresh-looking faces with many fun, vibrant colors.”
Can you mention some vibrant colors that are on trend this season?
Claudia Betancur: “Of course! Fun colors that are on trend and that I will DEFINITELY see on the red carpet are blues and/or greens for eye shadows on tanned skin.”
Rumor has it you’re working on Thalia’s makeup-can you share the inside scoop?
Claudia Betancur: “Thalia is always so fun to work with, she’s fun and playful and is always willing to try new products and is a big fan of L’Oréal Paris. With Thalia, her green eyes are always a focal point and I’ll be using some rosy tones to have them stand out. Her lips will have a ton of shine while her complexion will stay fair.”
“Get the look” Recommendations
* To achieve Thalia’s flawless skin and glow, use L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Miracle Blur Oil-Free . This finishing cream helps to instantly blur lines wrinkles, pores and uneven texture.
* Next, apply L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Crayon Concealer to hide any unwanted blemishes. The applicator is so thin, allowing precise coverage of any imperfection and providing a natural-looking appearance.
* Use L’Oreal Paris Visible Lift Color Lift Blush in Rose Gold Lift to brighten your face and illuminate your cheekbones. I like using this shade on Thalia because it gives a natural flushed color.
* After, I’m loving the new L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eye Liners and will definitely try the new Sea Green shade that way Thalia’s green eyes will pop with more color.
* Finish off your eyes at the top lid for the extra wow factor and then top off both the top and bottom lashes with L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Excess Mascara giving you long and full lashes as if you had false ones on.
* Use L’Oreal Paris Colour Caresse Shine Stain by Colour Riche to give your lips a glossy finish. For this look, the perfect shade would be Pink Resistance because of its subtle, pale pink color.
Source: L’Oreal Paris
Photo: Courtesy Premios Juventud