Activities include Behind-the-Blue Tours, Great Hall of Waters Exhibit, & Ocean-Themed Scavenger Hunts Plus, Atlantis Offers “Summer of Ahh” Promotion — with 5th Night Free — through Aug. 13, 2021
Families who felt their kids lost some academic ground this year because of virtual learning due to covid may feel they need to do some summer school to help them catch up, but the idea of not taking advantage of the summer now that we can all travel seems almost sinful. That’s why some parents are figuring out a way to combine learning with lounging by the pools and beach. Resorts, like Atlantis Paradise Island, have created programs to help make learning more fun.
Atlantis Paradise Island has always been dedicated to help educate visitors on its oceans and has special activities to celebrate their clear blue waters this month for National Ocean Month (June). The purpose of both National Ocean Month is to remind everyone of the major role the oceans play in everyday life, to share the impact humans have on the ocean and to encourage all to be citizens of the ocean in order to work together towards a sustainable future.
On property throughout the month of June, the resort will have a number of activations happening to draw awareness to this important cause, including both guest-facing activities and employee initiatives. Please see details below:
- Behind-the-Blue Tours (June)– Offered weekly in June, this educational, behind-the-scenes tour, geared towards teens/tweens and older, will be focused on educating guests on World Ocean Day and the resort and Atlantis Blue Project Foundation’s efforts to help save the oceans.
- Great Hall of Waters Exhibit (June) – In this aquatic exhibit, guests can view and learn more about Atlantis Paradise Island’s marine life including small tooth sawfish, Manny the Manatee, the 15-year history of the resort’s rescued Katrina Dolphins, the incredible rescue story of a dolphin called M&M (Modern Miracle), sea turtle releases, and more.
- World Ocean Day Scavenger Hunt (June 8, and every Tuesday in June) – Families can participate in a special ocean-themed scavenger hunt, taking them through Atlantis’s marine habitat, Dolphin Cay, and more, for a chance to win a Snorkel the Ruins and Dolphin Cay experience
- Ocean-themed movies will be playing in the Atlantis Theater throughout the month of June
- Blue Pastries including blue iced and fish shaped cookies and curaçao/pineapple and coconut blue cupcakes will be available for purchase in Plato’s and Sun & Ice throughout the month of June
- Virtual field trips will be offered to schools in New York, South Florida and locally
- Employee initiatives include mangrove planting in a designated wetland restoration area, as well as accessorizing in blue on June 8 for World Ocean Day
A portion of proceeds for the Behind-the-Blue Tours and the blue pastries will be donated to the resort’s non-profit organization, Atlantis Blue Project Foundation, which saves rare and endangered sea species and their extraordinary habitats throughout The Bahamas and surrounding Caribbean seas. The Foundation is responsible for a variety of initiatives to help save the oceans including helping critically endangered animals, harvesting coral to restore reefs, rescue and rehabilitation of marine animals in their onsite animal hospital (the Caribbean’s first) and more.
The resort has various learning opportunities year round as well. And, throughout this summer, guests can stay at one of Atlantis’ five resorts and take advantage of its Summer of Ahh promotion — offering a fifth night free (20% Savings), with rates starting at $172. The promotion is available for reservations made until 6/28/2021 for travel until 8/13/2021. For reservations or more information visit atlantisbahamas.com/specials/summer-of-ahh