Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, back-to-school will look different for students in Miami-Dade County this year (Miami-Dade County Public Schools has announced that the 2020–21 school year will resume virtually full-time), but Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade is here to help with its Remote Learning at Work program. Bringing the Clubs to workplaces in Miami-Dade County, BGCMD is giving area youth the educational and emotional support they need to perform their virtual schooling. Youth members will have equal access to the resources, trusted mentors and safe learning environments necessary for a great future.
Through this customizable program, trained Boys & Girls Clubs youth development professionals will provide assistance for children of employees at their work location, 8 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday–Friday. This is making it easier for employers to help their employees get back to work by providing BGCMD’s services and trained professionals.
Features of the Remote Learning at Work program include:
- Assists and guides children with virtual coursework
- Academic help when needed
- Provides recess and additional structured daily activities
- Helps students dedicate appropriate time for learning
- Ensures students submit assignments by deadlines
- Communicates regularly with parents regarding student progress and concerns to keep children on track
- Establishes a working relationship and communication with teachers
- Adheres to strict established health and safety guidelines as provided by the CDC and Miami-Dade County officials
The afternoon program provides afterschool program structure. Features include:
- Homework assistance, mentoring, STEM, and arts & crafts
- Study time
- Other educational activities
BGCMD is currently accepting new remote learning work locations. A two-month commitment is required and the price is $125 per week, per child with a minimum of 9 children. The work location must provide internet/Wi-Fi access, plus space and furniture to accommodate social distancing guidelines. Parents are responsible for meals and snacks, and students must have their own computer/laptop and headphones.
BGCMD is adhering to social distancing efforts/CDC guidelines and monitoring updates from Miami-Dade County, Miami-Dade County Public Schools and public health officials, and will continue to respond based on their guidelines.
Classes begin on Aug. 31, 2020
School hours: 8 a.m.–2 p.m./3 p.m.
Afternoon program hours: 2 p.m./3 p.m.–5 p.m.
$125 per week, per child with a minimum of 9 children
For information or to start a BGCMD Remote Learning at Work program, please contact Diana Perez at 305-446-9910 or email@example.com.